The addition of other carbides has made this steel even tougher without adversely affecting its other features. The blade of this Spyderco knife has a flat grind, a notched choil and thumb rest for secure grip, and the Spyderco hole for ambidextrous one hand opening. I wasn’t terribly happy, but after some stropping, the Native 5’s edge put a smile on my face. Fit and finish on my knife is very good. Click here to read the review. The Native 5 is my first Spyderco that didn’t arrive screaming and hair-splitting sharp. Click here to read the review. I originally carried a blacked out Spyderco PM2 when the Army stationed me in the free world (Virginia) but since NYS thinks every knife is a "gravity knife", a term with about as much weight to it as "assault rifle", I decided to get something a little less scary for the sheeple. At the very least, the prior version should still be offered, with the two versions priced appropriately to reflect their differing manufacturing costs. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. This knife measures 6.95" overall, with a 2.95" blade made of CPM S30V stainless steel, and a 4" handle made of G10. If you don't care about the premium steel, you can save about $20 dollars and get the s30v steel version. This is now priced up into the range where you can buy, for example, some of the higher-end production Zero Tolerance knives. item 3 Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 S35VN Plain Blade Black G10 Handle Folding Knife 2 - Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 … This week you have the chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5. Spyderco Native 5 C41GP5 × Összesen: Tovább vásárolok Tovább a kosárhoz. No. Which EDC pocket knife should I purchase? Bark River Knives Bushcrafter 1 Expert Review | The perfect bushcraft knife, Böker 150 years: factory visit in Solingen, Germany. Description. Spyderco Native 5 G-10 Black zsebkés A Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight jellegzetes lándzsa formájú pengéje kiváló minőségű CPM S30V porkohászati acélból készül. And to boot, the blade's S35VN is Crucible steel, and the knife is made in Golden, CO--a completely American knife. The Spyderco Native is engineered for the human hand and the ergonomic design maximizes cutting ability while minimizing discomfort and fatigue. In fact, “tough but classy” describes this knife overall: the Native 5 wears almost as well on my slacks as it does on my jeans. Excellent results without water or oil ! Everything else was great, fit and finish, great, ergonomics, great. Now in its fifth generation of design, the current Native 5 proudly reflects our tireless commitment to Constant Quality Improvement (C.Q.I.) from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery Matte Black Powder Coating Finish With Spider Die Strike Marking. The Native5 has everything I was looking for in an EDC folder. This has been out of stock everywhere for a while now.From Spyderco website Spyderco Native5 The Native5 represents an evolution in American knifemaking with a bold G-10 handle ...from 187027317 ... Spyderco Native C41GP5. Free shipping. Blade material CPM S30V, Blade style Leaf shaped, Blade grind And the handle never gave me a moments thought about blisters. Lock Type, Pocket Clip, Blade Sharpness, Blade Material, Handle Material, Handle Feel, Weight, Lock Ease of Use, Overall Quality. $161.00 (You save $69.00) SKU: C41GP5 Availability: Usually ships within 1 business day when in stock. $105. I prefer this one over the light-weight version becasue it is more solid. It was a rolling change from Spyderco. Product Description. Native™ 2.95" Drop Point G-10 Black Handle Folding Knife (C41GP5) by Spyderco®. I have read complaints the knife opens too slowly, but I have not found that to be the case at all. Over all quality is a 9 of 10 with only the very very slightest burr on the handle near the frame but that is total nit pick. heavier, due to the construction changes. I like being able to retrieve, deploy, cut and return before most people know it's there. Read honest … Lucky they are making the exact same knife so I am pretending the incident never happened. Just to put a fine point on it, I am not a knife snob. The S35V seems a real improvement in terms of toughness and edge holding on S30V which I also like. Put on wishlist Remove from wishlist. Now in its fifth generation of design, the current Native 5 proudly reflects our tireless commitment to … The G-10 and steel fittings are tough but classy. This Spyderco model is all about combining performance and comfort. Awesome lock. I do however dislike the shiny clip and have swapped it for a black one. If people wanted a lightweight native there was already a linerless version available in the frn lightweight. We compared them side-by-side. It arrived pretty sharp out of the box, although I took that up a notch or two. $150. © 1995-2020 by Howard Korn and KnifeCenter Inc. All rights reserved. Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 C41GP5 - CPM-S30V Blade - Black G-10 Handle. Compact stropping paddle for on the road. Spyderco Native 5 Signature Folder Knife with 2.95" CPM S30V Steel Blade and Black G-10 Handle - PlainEdge Grind - C41GP5 . In conclusion, I originally ordered this knife with my head low, grieving my long lost freedom but, in a turn of events, I actually ended up with my perfect EDC! Add to cart. I work in the seed /grain industry and am using this knife daily to cut cardboard, plastic, seed /feed bags, rubber belting, twine etc.,etc.. $161 00. If you would like to support my channel, follow this link to my Patreon! Spyderco C101GP2 Manix 2 Ball Bearing. The Spyderco Native 5 is the first Spyderco pocket knife manufactured from the new S35VN steel, which is comparable to the very popular and tough S30V steel. Spyderco Native 5 C41GP5 pocket knife. 2. I don't insist that everything have G10/steel liners/fancy steel. Blade Material, Handle Feel, Handle Material, Overall Quality, Weight, Lock Ease of Use, Blade Sharpness. I can't figure out how to avoid that on locking liner or framelock species. The ONLY thing I can come up with as a con is the pocket clip. As such we can offer you ads and content you might be interested in. $161.00. This website uses cookies to improve user experience. Will be made using Grade 5 Titanium Alloy at 0.050-0.055 thickness. The product of extensive research, development, and testing, the Native 5’s back lock redefines the state of the art in the engineering and execution of this elegantly simple mechanism. by boasting a number of significant design and engineering advances. And if you know anything about folding knives (My collection includes a few Spydercos, both lightweight and as heavy-duty as they make), you immediately realize that this is a lesser product at a fairly premium price. If you like to open your knives slowly, then this won't be a problem. The spring of the … Ridiculous. The corners on the G-10 should be beveled/rounded off. Very Sharp out of box. Once in the hand, however, it feels good. Measurements: 18x14 cm. The spine jimping extends from the blade into the lock bar and you can't see where one ends and the other begins, when the blade is locked open. Spyderco is currently trying to save money at the expense of quality, and that is disappointing. I had to wait a long time for the knife since it was on back-order. Since its original release in 1997, the Native® has been a mainstay of the Spyderco product line and a shining example of our American-made quality and innovation. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay informed! Even after lubricating the pivot and completely loosening the pivot screw, it still takes a lot of thumb pressure and a hard snap of the wrist to even get the blade to lock. Your mileage may vary. Blade is centered and locks tight. Pocket Clip, Lock Type, Ease of Opening, Overall Quality, Love the new native 5 g10 , outstanding design, Like it better than the old one without compromising Strength. I had my eyes on this little guy ever since I was saved by the grace of Spyderco but I could never really pull the trigger since the PM2 always did everything I needed a knife to do. Osta liigendnuga Spyderco Native 5 C41GP5 Lamniast. Bought this for myself as a new daily carry and use piece, replacing a Native with FRN handles I'd been using daily for the past 3 years or so. A Krein regrind is in order here. Shop Spyderco … Is it worth twice as much money? I highly recommend the Native 5 in the G10 handle configuration. Compact, affordable and expandable sharpening system for knives. It is light and tough and sharp. NIB Spyderco Native5! Please take delays into account. Overall Quality, Blade Sharpness, Ease of Opening, Lock Ease of Use, Blade Material. Received a native 5 I believe for Father’s Day the titanium handle sn35v blade the most solid strong beautiful knife I have great for gutting deer please don’t make only weaker lighter and cheaper knives there are many who would gladly pay for genuine quality weight really who will notice that. First class service and FREE shipping! Length usable part: 18,4 cm. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Spyderco Native 5 Signature Folder Knife with 2.95" CPM S30V Steel Blade and Black G-10 Handle - PlainEdge Grind - C41GP5 at Amazon.com. After over a month with this as an EDC, I'm still impressed. The delivery time is an indication. $139.99. Spyderco Native 5 C41GP5. Anyone familiar with Spyderco knows that one of the primary driving forces of their knifemaking philosophy is C.Q.I.—Constant Quality Improvement. The description of this knife rings a bit hollow. Like the semi-closed design. It is being sold as a lightweight alternative.That's exactly what it is. The price of the knife certainly didn't decline any. (Maple, Pine, Cedar, Oak ) Built traps with it though it’s not narrow enough for the task it did get the job done. Blade detail: Plain; Blade length: 3.00" Blade material: CPM-S30V; Carry system: Pocket clip ; Handle material: G-10; Lock style: Lock back; Overall length: 6.88" Brand: Spyderco… Lock Type, Pocket Clip, Blade Sharpness, Blade Material, Handle Material, Lock Ease of Use, Weight, Ease of Opening, Overall Quality. Since its original release in 1997, the Native® has been a mainstay of the Spyderco product line and a shining example of our American-made quality and innovation. Feels great in my hand, love the steel and edge. The handle can have a little bit rough edges. Thanks Knife Center, Blade Material, Lock Type, Overall Quality, Handle Material, Lock Ease of Use, Handle Feel, Ease of Opening, Blade Sharpness. (Battening) She pulled it off without a hitch and stay sharp enough to cut paper afterwards. I usually trade off knives alot but I've ended up carrying this and whatever other knife looks good that day because I can't put this one down. Sharp, good feeling and looking knife that will probably last my lifetime and maybe my grandsons too. I have handled this knife and it is on my short list to purchase. by boasting a number of significant design and engineering advances. The pocket clip on the Native has withstood three plus years of use andl is as solid as the first day I put it in my pocket. Kudos to Spyderco for bringing it in at such a reasonable price, given the materials and the build. Read more about cookies on our cookie page. I am tremendously pleased with both. However, its latest refinements take that process even further. S30V is categorically NOT an improvement over S35vn. $154.19. The locking mechanism is rock solid and snaps into place with a reassuring "clack." In comparing the Spyderco Native5 to the older model, I find it to be a significant upgrade. Pocket clip is fine and keeps it in good position, but it would be nice to have the option of a deep carry, though that might turn out to be a hassle for frequent access. I'm frankly amazed that I've been carrying this as often as I have, but there's something about it...The right size, the right weight, and comfy in the hand. item 2 Spyderco Native 5 G-10 Handle Back Lock CPM-S30V Steel Plain Edge Knife - C41GP5 1 - Spyderco Native 5 G-10 Handle Back Lock CPM-S30V Steel Plain Edge Knife - C41GP5. Someone I know has one of the current models. Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5; Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5. This knife is well built, has a secure blade lock and operates smoothly. Everything about the new model is a big improvement. Last one. It has much less vertical blade play than is usual with this lock type and is well suited to harder use. It's Week 49! Follow-up: I called Spyderco customer service in Golden, CO, and told them that the shiny clip was a bit much, and asked if I could get a black clip. Construction: poor. Extremely nice knife, only downside is it could use some rounded edges for more ergonomics. Model C41GP5 is what is on the box. Spyderco Native 5 S35VN Satin Plain Edge Black G10 Handle Knife C41GP5 Model C41GP5The Native 5 represents an evolution in American knifemaking with a bold … I carry a knife in my pocket every day. http://www.gpknives.com/spyderco-native5-dark-blue-g10-s110v-c41gpdbl5-knife.html The Native 5 from Spyderco is a fantastic, US Made, EDC folder and it … One of the latest benefactors of Spyderco's C.Q.I. Handle Material, Blade Sharpness, Handle Feel, Overall Quality. Similarly there was no reason to remove the steel lingers on the g10 version other than cost. If treated as a survival knife the tip could not make it. https://www.patreon.com/metalcomplex***As an Amazon Associate, I … Inspired by the Japanese concept of kaizen ("continuous improvement"), C.Q.I. Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 Black G-10. A teljesen sík leélezés a hüvelykujj támasz és a finoman ívelő él ad jellegzetes megjelenést és … I own it now as a replacement to a lost sage. The Native 5 represents an evolution in American knifemaking with a bold G … Fast delivery … Spyderco C41G5 Native 5 G-10 Black; Spyderco Knives & Accessories Spyderco C41G5 Native 5 G-10 Black. Is the Native just a little too big? There is some pressure upon opening the blade because of the tension from the backlock system, and it's not going to open like a Kershaw Speedsafe our even a CRKT nonassisted flipper, but it's still pretty easy to open with one hand using the iconic Spyderco blade hole. They dropped the steel liners from the G10 Native 5 without changing the sku. I love the new full flat grind on the blade in these Native 5 models; it's much preferable to the hollow grind on previous models. What I do have to say is I’m good at knife jobs and I suspect this is why the tip survived. I have carried the Native for three years and by far have found it to be my favorite of all time. Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 an exceptional buy! Though it's a small knife and easy to pocket for that reason, the choil in the blade enables you to get a good firm grip, even with medium-large hands. Check out our Shipping & Returns page for more information. Knivesandtools uses cookies and similar techniques to make sure we can help you even better. Post by RamZar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:24 am The 2018 Catalog says C41GP5 has full skeletonized stainless steel liners and weighs 3.7 ounces. Native® 5 Carbon Fiber CPM S90V / CPM 154 Sprint Run™ (C41CFE5) $359.95. As a fifth-generation design and a state-of-the-art expression of the lockback folding knife, the Native 5 is no stranger to improvement. Just a preference, YMMV. It is an extremely useful tool that I use to around the home, shop and ranch many times every day. In comes the Native 5. Quick Shop Spyderco C28POR2 Dragonfly 2 Plain Edge Orange FRN MSRP: $95.00 $66.50 Compare. 3*. This week you have the chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10-Overall Length 6.95" (177mm) Blade Length 2.95" (75mm) Steel CPM S30V Closed Length 4.00" (102mm) Edge Length 2.42" (61mm) Weight 3.0oz (85g) Blade Thickness 0.125 " (3.2mm) Handle G-10 Clip Position Ambi Tip Carry Position Tip-Up/Down Lock Type Back Lock Great construction like all spydercos dose not come withe the dent in the locking bar. They make great products, I'm happy with all of the knives in my collection that bear their name, and on the rare occasion when I have contacted them they have been helpful and generous to a fault. Once I had adjusted to this I realised I had a lot more knife than I thought I was going to get. The blade retains a great edge and locks solid with no play in the open position. This review is written in French. This knife has quickly become one of my favourites. Spyderco SPY27 Native 5 w/ Cobalt Blue FRN [A] Spyderco Collectors Club Edition #22. I know Spyderco will undoubtedly keep tinkering with this already excellent design, but I hope they continue to produce this most excellent version of the Native for a long time to come. Grain size: fine. Spyderco Native 5 - Black G-10. I'm a "knife guy"...lots of knives, predominantly folding, everything from zero tolerance all the way down to Chinese made no-names. For example: "After Spyderco's exhaustive in-house performance testing and tons of end-user feedback, they have also decided to change the blade steel of the Native 5 from CPM-S35VN to CPM-S30V." Share. Blade Sharpness, Lock Type, Blade Material, Pocket Clip, Overall Quality, None. The delivery time is an indication. It is my first knife with G-10 scales, and I am not yet accustomed to the feel. The G10 is more grippy and the flat grind make blade a much better slicer (not to mention seemingly sharper). Materials: excellent. The Spyderco Native 5 is the first Spyderco pocket knife manufactured from the new S35VN steel, which is comparable to the very popular and tough S30V steel. If you want a top quality EDC that will never disappoint and simply emanates quality in your hand, buy at least one of these outstanding AMERICAN MADE knives ASAP!! So I'm thinking they've regressed rather than improved the native with these new changes. The Native 5 is made with CPM S35VN, which was Spyderco’s first production folder using this steel. It's one of the most comfortable pocket knives I own. Since its original release in 1997, the Spyderco Native 5 has been a mainstay of the Spyderco product line and a shining example of our American-made quality and innovation. Sharpening system with 3 diamond sharpening stones and file. By using our website you consent to our Cookie Policy. KNIFECENTER CYBER WEEK EVENT | OUR BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR! What is particularly surprising is that they have done it under the guise of continuing to improve and refine the product. A timeless classic from Spyderco knives and perfect for every day carry. Tera CPM S30V, Blade style Leaf shaped, Blade grind It is cheaper though. Downsides would be the weight and the thickness of the G10 scales but that is in line with the knife's heavy duty nature. Yes, friends...they make dry bags for a reason....at least my wallet and phone were in there but my trusty knife went over the side of the canoe and will be seen no more....It was the first high-end (for me) folder I bought and it served me well for a number of years. When the order arrived a week before Christmas, the package (including the Spyderco knife box) was in rough shape, which is to be expected since it was opened and inspected by customs. SP41GP5: C41GP5 Native 5 Spyderco. Now in its fifth generation of design, the current Native 5 proudly reflects our tireless commitment to Constant Quality Improvement (C.Q.I.) This review is written in Dutch. CPM S35VN Stainless Steel, back spacer, G-10 handles. New: the Gerber Vertebrae and Spine: light-weight expansion for your hiking equipment. Lots of tool marks on the liners and was scratched up nicely on the blade right out of the box. Every edge is flush, with no gaps between scales, liners and lock. KnifeCenter.com did a good job keeping me informed about the status of my order, and they shipped it to me by FedEx, which made tracking the shipment to Japan easy. I have to say that the differences in them constitute downgrades to the current model. I gotta say, Spyderco took one of the oldest lock designs and turned it into artwork. The Native 5 is Spyderco's 1st production folder made using Crucible Inc. powdered technology CPM S35VN … Because of the gimping and comfortable choil, it is easy to grip. The steele should be tough enough and make it an even better cutter. And I never thought that I'd say that about a Spyderco! I wish they would have stuck with s30v and this knife would have been perfect. Blade Material, Lock Type, Overall Quality, Pocket Clip, Handle Feel, Weight, Handle Material, Blade Sharpness. I own cheap "beater" knives and fairly expensive production models from a variety of manufacturers. $161.00. Osta liigendnuga Spyderco Native 5 C41GP5 Lamniast. Click here to read the review. AN IMPROVED CLASSIC - The Native model has been a mainstay of Spyderco's product line for years as a result of it's superior quality and affordability. Match that list of impressive accomplishments with a full flat ground blade made out of nitrogen treated S35V steel and this knife HAS to be at the top of any discerning knife aficionado's best ever list for EDC production knives. SV35VN is MORE expensive then is SV30; in fact, it is a further refinement of SV 30. For instance, I own the Spyderco Manix 2 in both the standard 'flagship' and the lightweight versions (even though the lightweight version has significantly downgraded steel from the standard version), and the lightweight version definitely has its place as an EDC, and I use it all the time. No. Spyderco Native 5 folding knife C41GP5 at Lamnia webstore. Spyderco Native 5 C41GP5 Folding Knife, 3" Plain Edge S30V Blade, Black G-10 Handle. Lándzsahegyű pengéje kiváló minőségű CPM S30V rozsdamentes acélból készült, és a rajta lévő nyitófurat segítségével gyorsan egy kézzel nyitható. This is the same great design as the original sporting a drop point blade made from razor sharp, fully flat ground CPM S30V blade, Black G10 handle scales and mid-back lock construction. One thing that is a little concerning is the belly of the blade does seem to contact the inner steel spine. Spyderco - Native 5 - Burnt ORG - G-10 - REX45 - C41GPBORE5. That's a personal call. WISH I had the sage back, with that said this is nearly as good. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Spyderco Native 5 Signature Folder Knife with 2.95" CPM S30V Steel Blade and Black G-10 Handle - PlainEdge Grind - C41GP5 at Amazon.com. This knife’s ergonomic handle features a solid stainless steel back spacer and textured G-10 scales. C41GP5 Native 5 G-10 Blk. I just got this a few days ago and I am impressed. Toggle navigation. Made out of transparent Lucite with facets. Handle Material, Blade Material, Lock Ease of Use, Handle Feel, Overall Quality, Ease of Opening, Blade Sharpness. Made To Order: Titanium Deep Pocket Clip For Spyderco Native 5 C41GP5 & Manix 2 C101GPBBK2 G10 Made for G10 Handle only. This is a follow-up to an extremely favorable review of the Native 5 that I wrote, and is posted here, from May 2016. Overall, I'd highly recommend this knife. Made out of transparent Lucite with facets. Please take delays into account. I have bought other great knives since that original purchase but kept coming back to this as an EDC knife.
2020 spyderco c41gp5 native 5