The level of control, stability and plow through the RF97 supplies is somewhat unique. Copyright © Tennis Warehouse. From the backcourt, the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph was a tale of two racquets. When I was under pressure the mass of the racquet allowed me to hit a neutral ball to get back into position. All content copyright 2018 Tennis Warehouse. Select from the stringing options above and the Wilson team will string Being that this racquet possesses a lot of mass, my favorite shots from the b… Wilson Clash 100 Tennis Racquet 4.4 out of 5 stars 50. 20% OFF. Although serves and returns proved more demanding for some, our testers loved what this racquet had to offer once they got used to its heavier feel. From: Max, 11/24/20, Comments: Exactly what I was looking for. With the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph v13 Wilson updates Roger Federer's racquet with a new cosmetic but keeps everything else the same, including the magical target specs and sublime feel that Roger Federer helped engineer with the original red/black version. The Yonex VCORE Pro 97 (330) would be another racquet to look at. He explained, "I prefer a little more access to free power on my first serve. Picture Information. Starting off with the playtester who has called the RF97 her racquet of choice for some time, US tester Michelle was happy to spend some dedicated time with the 2018 Autograph. ", With a challenging weight and swingweight, the majority of our team found the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph a bit tough to serve with. He said, "Even though the racquet is on the heavier side for me, I still found the maneuverability to be pretty good. ", Michelle also praised this racquet's stability, saying, "Stability continues to be one of the RF97's best attributes. I'm used to a little more maneuverability, especially for quick reflex volleys. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Tennis Frame Unstrung, Without Cover at Amazon.com. $135.96 Regular price $169.95 On Sale. I switched from the 2015 Pro Staff 97 to When it came to my slice serve, the racquet felt solid and I was able to be very precise with my targets.". Bidding is for both rackets. Both strung with hybrid strings at 55lbs. "The RF97's ability to deflect the ball with such ease, no matter how fast it's coming, makes it a gem on volleys. When it comes to the racquet’s stiffness, it sits on the mid to upper end of the spectrum with an RA rating of 68. From all corners of the world, our playtesters raved about this racquet's stability at the net, and several players called it one of the best volleying racquets on the market. He said, "I had extra pop and kick on my first serves. This racket is specially modified for a legendary tennis player Roger Federer. New Listing Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph v12 Black/White Roger Federer Tuxedo L3 4-3/8. Roger worked tirelessly with Wilson designers across the globe to breathe new life into the iconic Pro Staff. "Up at net, I found that the racquet did the talking," started Marco. All Rights Reserved. Troyexplained, "I loved the plow through and stability this racquet was providing when I was hitting from the baseline; I could feel this racquet pancake the ball. I can boldly say this is the best racquet I have ever used for slices. I would say anyone looking at this racquet will also want to take a look at the Prince Phantom Pro 93P. When I needed to hit a sharp cross-court angle the open string pattern allowed me to get the ball dipping down inside the lines. Spin comes easy thanks to … When I wasn't trying to blast a first serve for an ace, this racquet allowed me to place the ball throughout the service box with plenty of accuracy. New Listing Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph v12 Black/White Roger Federer Tuxedo L3 4-3/8. For more on all things Pro Staff, head over to our blog This is a racquet that offers a great balance of power and control. Pro Staff 97 ULS Tennis Racket Frame WILSON WRT73181U1. It may not be as easy to use as other power-oriented racquets on the market, but I have found nothing out there to tempt me to switch to anything else. ... (strung) of braided graphite. All new in 2018, co-designed by Roger Federer, the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph delivers the pure, classic feel players have come to love with an all-new uncontaminated design. The ball would stay low and penetrate through the court on both offensive and defensive shots. The racquet really dampens the vibration, which I really like. When it came to slice, my slice backhand has never felt better. This is quite remarkable considering the weight of the RF97A making it a very difficult racquet to use. Details about Wilson Pro Staff RF97 new Tennis Racquet - Strung - 2 1/4''Grip See original listing. ... SALE. Details about Wilson Pro Staff RF97 new Tennis Racquet - Strung - 2 1/4''Grip See original listing. *This racket ships unstrung. ABOUT PRO STAFF RF97. and one of Wilson’s biggest bestsellers of all time. Congratulations on an engineering This racquet is strung with new strings at 50 lbs with. ", Peter - "I prefer my racquet of choice (Babolat Pure Control), because the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph was a bit too heavy for me. $139.00. Simple blocks result in penetrating replies, and there is enough touch and pop to hit every shot in the book. $199.00 + shipping . ", Zeljko found himself hitting some of his best serves in a while with the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph. Meticulous in detail and bold in its beauty, the Autograph sets the standard for design and performance. He said, "I wasn't able to be as aggressive as I would have liked, and I had a hard time getting the RF97 Autograph around my body and into the correct position. Image not available. This racket is specially modified for a legendary tennis player Roger Federer. Free shipping . / 625.81 sq. Due to the extra weight, I was forced to keep my hands out in front to avoid hitting the ball late. We string according to your specifications. I continue to feel that this racquet offers me the perfect combination of power, control, feel and plow through. I have received the new Pro Staffs a while ago and I know a lot of you have been looking forward to this Wilson Pro Staff 97 V13 Review. Brand New. Because of my mechanics, my game and my build, I don't mind swinging this racquet for an extended period of time, and I continually benefit from its stability. Peter: Open level aggressive baseliner. ", Picking up the Pro Staff RF97 again reminded fellow American playtester Troy why he loves hefty player's racquets. Featuring the same specifications and composition as its predecessor, this racquet caters to avid Roger Federer and Pro Staff fans by maintaining the signature precision and pure feel emblematic of the Pro Staff series. wilson pro staff rf97 autograph. You'll also find the required power, spin and precision on serve to rack up free points. ", "As I've said many times, I love to attack returns, and this racquet has the perfect blend of controllable power to allow me to be effective doing so," said Michelle. If you stay on this website, you agree to the use of cookies. With version 13.0, Wilson continues the outstanding tradition of precision that can only be associated with the Pro Staff moniker, and Roger Federer himself. Weighing 12.6 ounces strung, the Pro Staff RF97 Autograph seems to come loaded with a magical blend of power and control, making it a baseliner's dream. $189.00. Wilson Burn 100ULS Pre-Strung Tennis Racquet. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. ", (Scores are determined by averaging individual play test scores). Roger’s heart and soul lives in the new Pro Staff RF97. Ultimately, there is a reason why Wilson hasn't changed Federer's RF97 - you can't improve upon perfection. I also found it a little more difficult to access spin with this frame due to the added heft. PRO STAFF 26. I don't use this racquet much since it is my backup racquet. It’s definitely a racquet that requires solid technique and footwork. which might be a little springing for players in the 3.0-3.5 level. Stiffness: High - 66% (68 RA) Recommended tension: 50-60 pounds A good entry into the Pro Staff 97 family I recently purchased this racket to compliment the heavier version of the Pro Staff 97 - which to be honest - requires a level of focus that I sometimes lack. As a member of the classic Pro Staff family, this racquet features Wilson's timeless Pro Staff formula, including a braided graphite/aramid layup, headlight balance, thin beam and Perimeter Weighting System. All Rights Reserved. If I had to find something, it would be that one of the hitters we used was slightly out of spec, but this can happen with any racquet we playtest, which is why we have a racquet matching service to help players order identically spec'd racquets.
2020 wilson pro staff rf97 strung